Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Gaggle of Ghastlies!

Ok, 'gaggle' technically refers to at least five geese according to wikipedia.  I don't have five geese here but I do have five finished Ghastlies mini quilts!  Gaggle sounds appropriate anyways so totally using it... and with gusto! Here's the finished gaggle of Ghastlies mini quilts. This gaggle was featured at Richard and Tanya Quilts: Finish Up Friday!!!


The two minis on the top were made for Halloween last year. The three on the bottom were new additions this year. The little girl on the right gave me the most trouble, I think because of her sharp angle at the bottom but in the end she turned out just fine. My favorite is probably the fellow with the pink martini, followed by the gal with the umbrella. The backings were all done in coordinating prints - I love all of the backings!


These were a lot of fun to do and I'd love to do a full size quilt with this print in the future. I don't think I could bear to part with it though. I quilted these guys all in simple straight lines, some in the ditch, some in a top stitching fashion and some just-winging-it style.

I'm still hoping to finish my Ghastlies pillow cases before Halloween too. I hope I'm not saying that a month from now! Here's a peek at the pink scallop edging I created with my mom a couple weeks ago for the pillow cases


Before they are attached to the pillow cases they will be folded in half to create a double scallop or cut in half and then attached for a single scallop look. Not too sure how its going to work out just yet... In the meantime I've been working on my orange, teal and grey quilt project. The charcoal minky backing arrived yesterday from fabric.com. I have all the white squares marked down the center with a pencil line, just need some serious sewing machine time to sew together all the squares.

I'm looking forward to sewing the squares and my goal would be to have them all sewn together by the end of the weekend so that I can start sewing together blocks sometime next week. Looking forward to some fall activities this weekend, football, more football, and maybe even spending a little time at the apple orchard picking out mums, apples and winter squash! It feels like an apple crisp kind of weekend!

Link Parti's 

Take a look at the linki parti's I get down with here or by clicking on the Linki Parti's link above. Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Richard and Tanya Quilts, Sew Fresh Quilts, TweLoQu's MOP, Val's Quilting Studio

12 comments:

  1. Very cute. What is your plan for your gaggle of ghastlies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gaggle of Ghastlies and I admire your ability to do wonky and improv ... I really struggle with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gaggle looks great! I really like the different bindings and coordinating backings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm.... Apple crisp! Oh, those Gastlies are gorgeous! Love each of them! They would make a great quilt. Can't wait to see what you are doing with those orange, teal and grey pieces. Such a lovely palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun those Ghastlies are! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these minis! What great use of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the minis and halloween quilts. What are you doing with them??
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such cute minis for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! They turned out great an I really like the stripy binding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them! T hey are so perfect for Halloween!! And my favorite is the little girl!
    Thanks for linking up at MOP Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Heather these are adorable!! So glad you sharing them under our Ghastlies theme....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mini quilts are adorable. But I can't imagine making the scallop edging for the pillowcases!

    ReplyDelete