Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rainbow Baby Quilt Top

I've been working with an etsy client on this personalized baby quilt. I do love a rainbow quilt! The top is all done and was made with Good Morning fabrics by Me and My Sister Designs from Moda. The pattern is another one from Three Times a Charm, book 2 by Me and My Sister Designs. That book has so many cute patterns for baby quilts. And these fabrics, wow, they are so bright and cheerful! This quilt top was featured at Quilt Story: Fabric Tuesday!!


The backing is going to be an adorable owl print by Timeless Treasures. The owls will be all used up after this quilt - I need more. The teal squiggle is one of my all time favorites by Tim and Beck from Bungle Jungle.


We were auditioning fabrics for the personalization and ultimately went with the pink on pink print for the baby name. I used wonder under and appliqued with my Pfaff to attach the letters. You can take a look at the finished rainbow baby quilt here.


I was also asked to join do.Good Stitches, a charity bee, this week! Umm, for sure, I am in! I joined the Promise circle, which benefits orphaned children through Threading Hope. This month we are working on Jacobs ladder blocks (mine are all done) and I've got to come up with a block as I'm going to be the quilter for February which is coming up super fast!  Eek!  I'm thinking mustard, mint, navy and hot pink fabrics - sounds yummy! But I change my mind a lot....

I also finished another dog quilt this time for a Bichon Frise! You can check out The Sophie on my instagram

Link Parti's 


Take a look at the linki parti's I get down with here or by clicking on the Linki Parti's link above. Linking up to crazy mom quiltsRichard and Tanya Quilts From Bolt to Beauty Quilt Story and Whoop Whoop Friday 

17 comments:

  1. So cute! I love rainbow quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I agree about the pattern - it makes a really cute quilt. Pinning this post so I won't forget about the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love rainbow quilts, and this is such a great design. You're right; those are really cheery, bright colors! The perfect baby blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color choices. Turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt top... the colour palette is so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, the pattern and your colour choices look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh that quilt is adorable.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful! I love rainbow quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. would love to know where to get the pattern for the quilt. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rainbow pattern is from the book Three Times the Charm, book 2. I use it all the time for 'quick and easy' small quilts!

      Delete
  10. Love that quilt! I know my mom has that book in her shop - will have to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this baby quilt. Lovely fabrics and colors. Congrts with the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Heather! This is so beautiful quilt! Wonderful pattern and your Fabrics are adorable! x Teje
    www.nerospost.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous! Did you use a precut?

    ReplyDelete