Monday, December 8, 2014

First Timer

I just signed up for my first mini quilt swap! Kate - @katebasti on Instagram - is hosting a Rainbow Mini Quilt swap. Hurry over registration ends on December 11. I believe the mail date is around March so plenty of time to come up with a great idea! The wall behind my sewing machine is bare, no more! Need inspiration for the swap? Here’s a rainbow pillow sham I completed this summer before starting my blog. This pillow was featured at Quilt Story: Fabric Tuesday and My Quilt Infatuation: Needle and Thread Thursday!!


It was made with scraps from my rainbow herringbone quilt and a few pieces from my scrap bins. The squares are 2 inches finished. The pillow cover fits an 18 inch pillow sham. The fabrics are Simply Color by V and Co, my most favorite rainbow collection ever. I've mentioned that before, I know! I posted this a couple of weeks ago on Instagram, you can find me at @modernpartiquilts

I kept the quilting simple with straight line quilting going on both sides of every seam. The pillow cover has a solid teal envelop style backing.


I'm super duper excited about my first mini quilt swap!!

Link Parti's 

Take a look at the linki parti's I get down with here or by clicking on the Linki Parti's link above. Linking up to crazy mom quilts Quilt Story i have to say Sew Fresh Quilts My Quilt Infatuation Quilt Matters and Sew Cute Tuesday

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pillow and here's to an empty wall being decorated by a gorgeous swap quilt! Love your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pillow! I hope you enjoy your mini quilt swap. I have done a few of those but it has been awhile. They can be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty pillow, I love rainbows too! I also signed up for Kate's swap, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this pillow! and the double quilting makes it pop!

    Come see what I linked up. :)

    www.stitchandquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, I can see why you love that fabric collection: your pillow turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with a rainbow :) I so wanted to do that swap. but we are selling our house so my sewing time and space is very limited ... I'm hoping everyone will love the swap so much that rounds 2 will come around pretty quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such rainbow goodness! Love it! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pillow is jsut too cute. Great choice in placing the colors, it has wonderful movement across the color palette without feeling too planned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog via My Quilt Infatuation. Love your pillow! You did an amazing job

    ReplyDelete