Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Herringbone Small Quilt

This is my first ever Blogger's Quilt Festival entry! I haven't shared this quilt on my blog before - it's a rainbow inspired herringbone wall hanging done in V and Co. Simply Color by Moda - one of my all time favorite lines of fabrics. I always have my eyes open for these fabrics but I rarely come across them. This is one of my all time favorite finishes and if it wasn't already promised to someone else I would have kept it all for me!


 One of my favorite things about this quilt is the teal binding. I love a teal binding!!


I also love the bright pops of color!


Because the colors and patterns had so much going on I chose to do simple straight line quilting outlining all of the vertical rows and every other horizontal row. It made a pretty cool chevron design on the back. The backing is solid cream, appropriate for a wall hanging.


When I started the quilt I was really worried about matching the seams but they came together very easily. The trickiest part was the fabric placement. I moved them in and out, up and down, and all around! I'm really proud of how it turned out!


Quilt Stats 

Quilt Size:  36 x 40
Pattern: Herringbone 
Pieced and Quilted by me
Completion: July 15, 2014
Category: Small Quilts 


AmysCreativeSide.com

Link Parti's 

Take a look at the linki parti's I get down with here or by clicking on the Linki Parti's link above. Linking up to Stitch by Stitch Twelo Quilting Sew Cute Tuesday Show and Tell Tuesday Quilt Story Sew Fresh Quilts TGIFF crazy mom quilts Vals Quilting Studio and Show Off Saturday

This quilt was featured at Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday!  It was also selected in the Viewers Choice category in the Blogger's Quilt Festival!

17 comments:

  1. So lovely and so colorful!!
    Thanks for linking up at MOP Monday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is so fun and colorful! I really like the herringbone pattern, that is definitely going on my to make list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love thse fabrics and colors. It makes a lovely quilt. Graet job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just beautiful! Lovely piecing and don't you just love Kate Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I am working on a herringbone right now and yours definitely inspires me! Visiting from Quilt Story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice! I've been wanting to make a herringbone quilt and I love your version :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, and you're right they are fabulous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good, your back to back hemming. and the binding matches it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How hard and frustrating ....or simple and easy...was it to do the top stitching as you did it? I always have trouble doing the FMQ with so many seams...and making it look right. Your's looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is lovely! Did you use a pattern?

    I have a fat quarter bundle and 7-ish yards in my stash just waiting for the perfect project and the time! I'm hoarding mine tight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally love the scrappiness! It looks 2 dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a happy quilt and lovely color palette. I'm crazy about teal right now, too (have we had that conversation before?!) and agree it makes the perfect binding here. I'm glad you went with simple straight-line quilting that highlights the geometry of the piecing. Hmmm ... maybe I need a herringbone quilt on my to-do list, too ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those fabrics. And you made a beautiful quilt with them

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it and that teal binding is perfect with the scrappiness of the quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This turned out great. I always hesitate to sew with odd angles, but love to see what other people do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for rejuvinating at Tuesday ARchives. It's the perfect the addition to our Jelly Roll links at Tuesday ARchives this week. (I love your clean...straightline quilting)

    ReplyDelete