Saturday, October 4, 2014

Fixed it!

In my last post I mentioned the troubles I was having with my latest quilt. I got some good advice
(thanks ladies!) and pondered on the issues for a couple of days. I flipped the blocks around a few more time but it wasn't happening. I considered making dog crate quilts and liked the layouts for those a lot better. But it sorta felt like giving up... letting that pattern beat me and I just couldn't let that happen! I'm glad I didn't as I'm liking the new quilt blocks so much better


I'm actually a little bit in love with the new block. Whew - I fixed it!


I turned this into an improv parti! Yep, I whacked up those disappearing nine patch blocks totally randomly removing the feather fabric along the way... see what happens when you don't behave over here, watch out! Not to worry, there will be a use for the feathers, they are safe in my scrap bins. I'm planning a low-volume postage stamp quilt in the near future so it's only goodbye for now.

Planning to spend much of my weekend sewing this bunch of scraps, strips and remnants back together. I haven't made an entire quilt improv style so this will be fun. The bright pink and navy fabrics are by Dear Stella, the green is Tarragon by Kona.

Link Parti's 

Take a look at the linki parti's I get down with here or by clicking on the Linki Parti's link above. Linking up to Sew Can SheStitch by Stitch and Quilt Story 

Best,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. I've never done an improv style quilt. It'll be fun to see how this one all comes together. I love the "new" finished block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the colors. Where on earth did you find that cute piggy fabric? I have a wee one who is obsessed with pigs! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete