Thursday, October 23, 2014

Finished Gumballs

Yay, Gumballs is all finished up!


I'm really in love with the teal on teal vine-y backing from the Birds and Berries line by Lauren and Jessi Jung for Moda. There are all these little hidden flowers and birdies in there, toooo cute! The pink polka dot binding by Dear Stella (actually called peony) was just the thing to pull it all together. A number of these fabrics were by Free Spirit which I had purchased on a fabric shopping spree with my parents earlier this summer at SR Harris in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. Every single thing is half off. Seriously. They have just opened a second store on the other side of the Twin Cities. It's fair to say I went a little - ok, more than a little - crazy there. I might have even bought 30 yards. Thank goodness we needed to leave after a couple of hours to beat traffic and make it home for supper at Grandmas or who knows what else I might have found. I can't return... well I can return, but I really shouldn't be allowed. My stash went from neat and tidy, every piece has a place, to piles are creeping up all over the place. Dislike. Still, I'd totally recommend checking it out, be prepared to spend a few hours, cut your own fabric and return it to the shelves yourself. You will need a cart!

Oh yeah, Gumballs.  I decided to do all all over free motion loopy loo pattern with a few organic flowers throughout. I needed practice with those cute flowers.


There were a lot of different polka dot prints in there! Just one solid, Michael Miller Couture in Mermaid, and no white, I've really restrained myself this time and I'm happy with it. As much as I like Gumballs I've listed it in my etsy shop.

After washing it measures 36 x 39. It has some very good crinkle goodness going on after washing.



Link Parti's 

Take a look at the linki parti's I get down with here or by clicking on the Linki Parti's link above. Linking up to crazy mom quiltsRichard and Tanya Quilts  My Quilt Infatuation Dizzy Quilts and Whoop Whoop Friday 

3 comments:

  1. I think this is gorgeous! Super colours! Good work with the quilting too, the flowers are a nice touch. Sounds like you were in my kind of heaven when you were shopping for the fabrics - totally justified, bargains galore, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colours together! Very nice finish. :-) Thank you for linking up at TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete